- Deed Images are available from April 2002 to Current
- Mortgage Images are available from September 2006 to Current
- For documents earlier than the dates listed please contact our office or get started now by visit www.eCCLIX.com
How to check my previously paid Motor Vehicle Taxes?
- You need the VIN, which is found in one of the following locations:
- On the dash of your vehicle.
- On the vehicle title.
- On your registration.
- VIN Lookup
The process to Apply for a Personalized Plate
- Go to drive.ky.gov and select the plate style you would like to personalize.
- Check to see if your personalization is available.
- If available, you will submit an online pre-application to the Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing (MVL).
- A committee within MVL will approve or deny your request.
- If approved you must bring your pre-approval form and application to the County Clerk to process your application at that time you will pay the $25.00 fee.
- The plate will arrive at the County Clerk’s office within 4-8 weeks. Be sure to bring in your current plate to exchange for your personalized plate.
What do I need to bring to the County Clerk’s office to renew my registration?
- Kentucky Certificate of Registration (Full Size White Sheet Certificate of Registration).
- Current Original Insurance Card Copies of Cards are Not Accepted.
- The effective date must be within 45 days of your renewal visit.
- Check, Cash, or Card for Payment.
- If you use a debit/credit card there is a processing fee of 2.75% of the total with a minimum charge of $2.75
Where do I obtain a vehicle inspection in Ohio County?
- The Ohio County Sheriff’s Office currently performs vehicle inspections.
- Sheriff Inspections are required for any motorized road vehicle transferring in from out of state and for rebuilt vehicles.
- Find out what documents you will need for an inspection and why you would need one at the Ohio County Sheriff’s website, here.
Ohio County Clerk
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Motor Vehicle Department:
Phone: (270) 298-4422
Fax: (270) 298-4425
Phone: (270) 298-4423
Fax: (270) 298-4426
Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Closed for lunch - 12-12:30 p.m.
Phone: (270) 276-3904