Notice: To view 2023 Primary Election Results You can Use the Following Link:

Please be aware that there is a scam targeting Kentucky motor vehicle registration customers offering to pay registration for the customer or give them a discount of some sort.   Always remember that the only legitimate methods for registering your vehicles are in-person, by US mail or web renewals through

Ohio County Clerk

Home » Records
Marriage License

Marriage License

Learn more about the 3 options to
apply for a Marriage License.

Delinquent Property Tax Bills

Delinquent Property Tax Bills

Click here to view current tax bills

Recording Fees

Recording Fees


Now Accepting eRecordings

  • Deed Images are available from April 2002 to Current
  • Mortgage Images are available from September 2006 to Current
  • For documents earlier than the dates listed please contact our office or get started now by visit
How to check my previously paid Motor Vehicle Taxes?
  • You need the VIN, which is found in one of the following locations:
    • On the dash of your vehicle.
    • On the vehicle title.
    • On your registration.
    • VIN Lookup
The process to Apply for a Personalized Plate
  • Go to and select the plate style you would like to personalize.
  • Check to see if your personalization is available.
  • If available, you will submit an online pre-application to the Division of Motor Vehicle Licensing (MVL).
  • A committee within MVL will approve or deny your request.
  • If approved you must bring your pre-approval form and application to the County Clerk to process your application at that time you will pay the $25.00 fee.
  • The plate will arrive at the County Clerk’s office within 4-8 weeks.  Be sure to bring in your current plate to exchange for your personalized plate.
What do I need to bring to the County Clerk’s office to renew my registration?
  • Kentucky Certificate of Registration (Full Size White Sheet Certificate of Registration).
  • Current Original Insurance Card Copies of Cards are Not Accepted.
  • The effective date must be within 45 days of your renewal visit.
  • Check, Cash, or Card for Payment.
  • If you use a debit/credit card there is a processing fee of 2.75% of the total with a minimum charge of $2.75
Where do I obtain a vehicle inspection in Ohio County?
  • The Ohio County Sheriff’s Office currently performs vehicle inspections.
  • Sheriff Inspections are required for any motorized road vehicle transferring in from out of state and for rebuilt vehicles.
  • Find out what documents you will need for an inspection and why you would need one at the Ohio County Sheriff’s website, here.

Ohio County Clerk - Bess Ralph

Bess Ralph

Ohio County Clerk

Ohio County Deputy Clerk - Christina Shepard

Christina Shephard 

Chief Deputy

Hartford Office:

Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

301 S Main St #201,
Hartford, KY 42347

Email: [email protected]

Motor Vehicle Department:

Phone: (270) 298-4422
Fax: (270) 298-4425

Recording Department:

Phone: (270) 298-4423
Fax: (270) 298-4426

Fordsville Office:

Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Closed for lunch - 12-12:30 p.m.
Phone: (270) 276-3904

Holiday Closures

 Give us your feedback

Skip to content